ON AIR NOW

Coast to Coast

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A northeast Bend garage was severely damaged by fire, early Saturday morning. When fire crews arrived on Russell Drive, just before 2:30 a.m. they found flames burning through the garage door, spreading to the rest of the house. They quickly knocked it down and officials say there were no injuries. Occupants safely evacuated, thanks to working smoke alarms.

 

Investigators say the fire started in the garage and was held by a fire wall, keeping fire and smoke in the home to a minimum. The blaze was likely caused by improper disposal of smoking materials. Ash from a marijuana pipe was reportedly emptied into an ash tray left on a couch in the garage, a few minutes prior to the fire. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Purcell Bridge traffic with lane closures, complete closures at times (10/18-5/1)

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER