ON AIR NOW

Coast to Coast

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


LA PINE, OR -- Several buildings were significantly damaged by a Sunday night fire. According to La Pine Fire, 18 firefighters responded to the blaze on Leona Lane, just before 11 p.m. They found a 12x30' shed that had been converted into living space fully involved. A 40x30' residential structure about eight feet away from the shed was about 50% involved, and a detached garage converted to a living space and barn were also nearby.

 

Firefighters were able to stop the fire's progress in the home, contain the shed fire and protect the multiple other buildings, as well as prevent a wildland fire. During the effort, firefighters rescued a dog from inside the home and provided care and oxygen until it could be taken to an emergency vet. It later died of smoke inhalation. 

 

The five people living at the property say the fire began with a candle in the shed. Four adults and a child are receiving help from the Red Cross. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Purcell Bridge CLOSED through April 2020.
  • ORE 22 remains CLOSED between Idanha and the junction with U.S. 20 (milepost 53-81) following a tanker truck crash that caused a fuel spill yesterday. The road will be closed to thru traffic indefinitely for the clean up of the fuel spill and recovery of the tanker.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER