Hugh Hewitt

ON AIR NOW

Hugh Hewitt

3:00am - 5:00am

Contact
Local News


 

 

BEND, OR -- A Southwest Bend home suffered about $5,000 in damage in a Tuesday morning fire. According to Bend Fire, someone placed a towel too close to a sauna heater.

 

Damage was largely confined to the sauna, with minor smoke and water damage to the house. The homeowners smelled smoke before alarms sounded. Investigators say the three-story home was built in 1995 and only had its two original smoke detectors. Officials say they typically have an effective life of 10 years and should be replaced every decade. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20 
  • Murphy Road between Brown Trout Place and Country Club Drive for roadwork related to Murphy Corridor project, bypass road constructed to provide Westbound/Eastbound traffic with minimal impacts to traffic, 4/17/20 - 06/12/20 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER