BEND, OR -- For some, Thanksgiving signals the start of the holiday shopping season. But, Rod Porsche, with The Downtown Bend Business Association, hopes Central Oregonians won’t spend too much on Black Friday and save some for Shop Small Saturday. "We get that Black Friday, there’s a role to play. But, let’s remember that Saturday is the place to get items oftentimes locally produced; you can’t find them online. Shopping small really helps your community. I mean, keeping your money in your community is really important on that day and throughout the year."
- Sisters' annual tree lighting takes place Friday at Fir Street Park at 5:30 p.m.
- The Sisters Christmas Parade is Saturday at 2 p.m.
- In Redmond, the Starlight Parade begins Saturday at 5 p.m., immediately followed by the tree lighting at Centennial Park.
- Prineville’s Lighted Christmas Parade starts at 5 p.m. on Saturday, as well.
- Bend and Madras Christmas parades are slated for Saturday, December second.