Heather Roberts

ON AIR NOW

Heather Roberts

8:00am - 9:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A large home under construction in southwest Bend was damaged when firefighters attempted to access and extinguish a small blaze, Tuesday morning.

 

Crews responded to Cannon Court, in the Tetherow area, at about 10:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the interior vents. They were forced to remove a masonry wall around the foundation using power saws and hand tools. Firefighters eventually found a small burned section they believe was overheated by a propane torch used by a construction worker to warm the area.

 

The $1.5 million home, owned by Robert Nosler, suffered about $10,000 in damage.

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER