Donny Caccamise and Tom Spence

ON AIR NOW

Donny Caccamise and Tom Spence

2:00pm - 4:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A small apartment fire in northeast Bend is being blamed on an unattended candle. Bend Fire says a friend of the resident first discovered the fire just before 1 p.m., Thursday, and put it out with a blanket. 

 

When fire crews arrived, they extinguished smoldering material and helped clear smoke from the building. Investigators say a candle ignited nearby drapes in the second-floor apartment, which caused about $1,000 in damage. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER