George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- An early Sunday morning fire heavily damaged a southeast Bend home, and officials say the family is lucky no one was hurt. According to fire investigators, a heat lamp for chicks was duct taped to a table; the fire started when the tape could no longer support the weight of the industrial lamp, and it fell.

 

One person awoke just after 2 a.m. to find smoke filling the house and alerted the others – smoke alarms were not working.  All residents, including the chicks, got out of the Alstrup Road home safely and firefighters were able to knock down the blaze, but not before it caused about 65-thousand dollars in damage. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20 
  • Murphy Road between Brown Trout Place and Country Club Drive for roadwork related to Murphy Corridor project, bypass road constructed to provide Westbound/Eastbound traffic with minimal impacts to traffic, 4/17/20 - 06/12/20 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER