Local News

Employees Extinguish Fire at Sisters Grocery Store

SISTERS, OR -- Fire officials credit the quick thinking of employees for preventing the spread of a fire at Ray's Food Place in Sisters. The grill caught fire at about 6:45 p.m., Monday, prompting the evacuation of the store.

 

Sisters-Camp Sherman Rural Fire Protection District officials say, after customers were out of the store, employees used fire extinguishers to stop flames from spreading, while they waited for firefighters. The first arriving fire crews found the grill covered with baking sheets; they were hot but no flames were scene. Firefighters used thermal imaging to determine there was no heat in ceiling tiles around the grill hood, and damage was confined to the grill itself. 

 

SCSRFPD Shift Commander Rob Harrison said, "The prompt effort of employees to locate and turn the gas to the grill off, and use a fire extinguisher to put the fire out helped to keep the fire from spreading."

On Air Now

Paid Program
8:00am - 9:00am
Paid Program

FlashAlert

KBND ON FACEBOOK

News Disclaimers