KBND Morning News

ON AIR NOW

KBND Morning News

6:00am - 9:00am

Contact
Local News


REDMOND, OR -- A southwest Redmond family awoke to the smell of smoke in their home, early Monday morning, and firefighters say they were very lucky to escape unharmed, as there were no working smoke alarms. 


Fire crews arrived at the house on Southwest Parkway Drive about 2:30 a.m. and discovered a small fire in the attic. They believe it started when the chimney got so hot it ignited a mattress and cardboard leaning against the exposed brick. Firefighters removed the burning material, ventilated the home and installed a smoke detector before they left.

 

The family of four and their dog was able to return home after the fire was extinguished. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20 
  • Murphy Road between Brown Trout Place and Country Club Drive for roadwork related to Murphy Corridor project, bypass road constructed to provide Westbound/Eastbound traffic with minimal impacts to traffic, 4/17/20 - 06/12/20 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER