LA PINE, OR -- A La Pine family’s dog was killed in a fire Saturday afternoon, on ShawPine Court. The resident wasn’t home at the time, but discovered the fire on a live remote-viewable security camera. He called his neighbor who went in and rescued the family’s second dog.
Fire officials say the blaze broke out in a bedroom but because all windows and doors were closed, the fire ran out of oxygen and self-extinguished. However, the dog perished inside its kennel.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.