BEND, OR -- Cascades East Transit is developing a transit master plan and they need community input. Senior Transit Planner Andrea Breault says, "This new plan will encompass expansion projects, as well as increased efficiencies and possible new technology related to transportation through 2040, so that we have one consistent plan through the region."
CET will host a series of open house meetings, this month, to provide interactive opportunities to give feedback on a variety of transit aspects, "Agreement on the vision, a set of goals that will direct the projects, and then we will actually have maps available where people can place suggestions and feedback for expansion of services or increased frequence of existing routes," Breault tells KBND News, "This, also, does not just include fixed route, but what we refer to as 'on-demand' or 'dial-a-ride,' and those are services for elderly, disabled, and low-income." Click HERE for more information on the plan, or to submit online comments.
Six meetings will be held, one each in La Pine, Madras, Redmond, Warm Springs, Prineville and Bend, "They are open to all members of the public and they will provide feedback on the visions, goals, and priority projects for that region."
- LA PINE : Tue., Jan. 15 (4:30-6:30 pm) at La Pine Public Library (16425 1st St.)
- MADRAS: Thu., Jan. 17 (4:30-6:30 pm) at Rodriguez Jefferson Library Annex (134 SE E St.)
- REDMOND: Tue., Jan. 22 (4:30-6:30 pm) at Redmond City Hall, Room 208 (411 SW 9th St.)
- WARM SPRINGS: Wed., Jan. 23 (4:30-6:30 pm) at Warm Springs Community Ctr (2200 Hollywood Blvd.)
- PRINEVILLE: Thu., Jan. (4:30-6:30 pm) at Crook County Library, Broughton Room (175 NW Meadow Lakes Dr.)
- BEND: Tue., Jan. 29 (4:30-6:30 pm) at the Trinity Episcopal Church, Brooks Hall (469 NW Wall St.)
A second round of open house meetings is scheduled for March. The data will be compiled and a final draft of the master plan will be available in the spring of 2020.