KBND Morning News

ON AIR NOW

KBND Morning News

6:00am - 9:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend Fire says a residential sprinkler system saved an apartment from major damage, Monday. A unit responded to an alarm at the Outlook at Pilot Butte apartments, just before 2:30 p.m. They discovered a resident tried to put out a grease fire by putting a pan in the sink and turning on the faucet; that resulted in a ball of fire, which activated the sprinkler.

 

The fire was out before the investigator arrived and no fire engines were called to the scene. While the blaze caused about $2,700 in damage, Bend Fire says no one was hurt and it could’ve been much worse had the sprinklers not activated. They also remind you to never put water on a grease fire. Use a lid to cut off the supply of air to the flames.

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Hwy 20, Santiam Pass, 1-mile East of Suttle Lake to ORE 22 junction, up to 20 min DELAYS, Paving and Striping. 9am-5pm through 10/17
  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • 61st St CLOSED between Young Ave & Canal Blvd as part of the “Six Corners” Improvement (through 11/8)
  • SE 3rd between Hwy 97 and Murphy Road CLOSED 8pm – 5am (8/25-10/18)

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER