Hugh Hewitt

ON AIR NOW

Hugh Hewitt

3:00am - 5:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A northeast Bend manufactured home was damaged by fire, early Friday morning. Firefighters say everyone evacuated safely, despite not having any smoke alarms. Bend Fire responded to the house on Cooley, near O.B. Riley Road, just before 5 a.m. The father smelled smoke and went to investigate, discovering the blaze in a back bedroom.

 

Crews quickly knocked down the fire, but not before it heavily damaged the bedroom and its contents. Damages total an estimated $20,000. Investigators believe the fire started at the home's main electrical panel. 

 

Bend Fire urges everyone to have working smoke detectors. The agency offers free home smoke alarm checks, as well as installation and other resource help; call 541-322-6300 to set up an appointment. The Red Cross also provides free smoke alarms throughout Central Oregon. 

 

 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Purcell Bridge traffic with lane closures, complete closures at times (10/18-5/1)

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER