Mark Levin


Mark Levin

3:00pm - 6:00pm

Local News

REDMOND, OR -- A Redmond man is accused of threatening customers at a local coffee shop and assaulting a police officer who tried to take him into custody. The incident started Thursday morning, just after 9 a.m., when witnesses called 911 to report a man yelling at patrons inside Proust Coffee on SW 6th Street, and vehicles outside. 


Redmond Police Officer Allen Speck responded and learned the man had threatened to assault customers, but left prior to his arrival. Officer Speck located the suspect walking back toward Proust Coffee and says the man ignored his commands to stop. When the man continued to walk toward the business where he'd already threatened to hurt patrons, Speck grabbed the suspect and ordered him to stop. The man, later identified as Trenton Yates, then swung a fist at the officer and both went to the ground. Investigators say Yates then punched the officer several times in the head.


A passing driver stopped to help restrain the 22-year-old suspect, allowing Speck to access his radio and call for backup. Additional officers arrived and Yates was restrained using the WRAP device. He was taken to St. Charles Redmond for undisclosed reasons and has not yet been cleared by medical personnel.


Officer Speck sustained minor injuries to his head, face, arms and legs and was treated and released from the Redmond hospital. He's a 16 year veteran of the department.


The driver who helped restrain Yates was later identified as 38-year-old Travis Wilson, of the Sweet Home area. RPD extends its appreciation for his actions, saying his "quick action in helping Officer Speck resulted in Officer Speck sustaining only minor injuries, and Yates being taken into custody without injury."

Hide Comments




  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20