CROOKED RIVER RANCH, OR -- A Crooked River Ranch home was heavily damaged, over the weekend, by a fire that appears to have started in the chimney.
A Jefferson County Deputy was first on-scene, on Dove Road, just after 6 p.m. Saturday. He found flames from the chimney extending to the attic, and confirmed everyone was out of the house. The homeowners safely evacuated with their pets.
With no nearby hydrants, it took about an hour for fire crews to bring the blaze under control. Authorities did not release a damage estimate but said the residents made arrangements to stay with friends.
Photo courtesy of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Deputy Silence.