George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

10:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


SISTERS, OR -- Officials say two recent local fires were caused by thoughtless acts. The first was in Sisters, Friday morning (pictured). Sisters-Camp Sherman Fire officials blame the careless disposal of a cigarette for a blaze that destroyed Takoda’s patio.


Security footage shows a customer at the restaurant flicking hot ashes into landscaping bark, Thursday. The mulch smoldered through the night before igniting the large deck. A passerby reported seeing flames just after 6:30 Friday morning. The business opened later that day, but the owner says the patio is closed until further notice. 

 

Sunday afternoon, Jefferson County Fire crews held a brush fire to an acre. They say the blaze near the Yarrow subdivision in Madras was caused by fireworks, although they don’t know who is responsible or exactly where it started. When firefighters arrived at SE Yarrow and SE Honey Suckle, just after 4:30 p.m., they say it was about a half-acre in size, moving away from homes.

 

Photos: (top) Courtesy of the Sisters-Camp Sherman Fire District. (above) Courtesy of passerby Todd Coles.

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Purcell Bridge CLOSED through April 2020.
  • ORE 22 remains CLOSED between Idanha and the junction with U.S. 20 (milepost 53-81) following a tanker truck crash that caused a fuel spill yesterday. The road will be closed to thru traffic indefinitely for the clean up of the fuel spill and recovery of the tanker.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER