Lars Larson

ON AIR NOW

Lars Larson

12:00pm - 3:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Thanks to quick action by neighbors, a family at a home on Century Drive was alerted to a fire on their roof late Tuesday night, which broke out while they were asleep. Bend Fire Battalion Chief David Howe told KBND, the ventilation fan in a 2nd story bathroom caused the blaze. Howe says, "You have to make sure ventilation fans are cleaned out every now and then,. It is something you want to do every year." He says to take the cover off the fan and, "Use a vaccum cleaner to clear out the lint in the fan," Howe says lint buildup in the fan can cause the unit to overheat and cause a fire. Also important, Howe says, make sure your home has working smoke alarms.  

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20 
  • Murphy Road between Brown Trout Place and Country Club Drive for roadwork related to Murphy Corridor project, bypass road constructed to provide Westbound/Eastbound traffic with minimal impacts to traffic, 4/17/20 - 06/12/20 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER