BEND, OR -- Bend Fire and Cascade Natural Gas responded to a natural gas leak yesterday. Crews were excavating in a parking lot near Southwest Bond and Wilson at about 2-20 Tuesday afternoon when they hit a 2 inch gas line. The line was out in the open and there was no fire or explosion. Cascade crews found the valve and shut it off quickly. Bend Fire officials remind construction companies that the law says they must call 8-1-1 before beginning excavation work to find out where gas lines are located.