Local News

Natural Gas Burner Left On At Bend Restaurant Leads To Evacuations

BEND, OR -- The smell of natural gas was reported Sunday near the Barrios Restaurant on Wall Street in downtown Bend Sunday.  The restaurant was closed at the time.  Bend Fire & Rescue crews responded and found a kitchen stove burner that was left on, but not lit.  A significant accumulation of natural gas was found inside the business, prompting an evacuation of neighboring businesses to either side.  The gas was shut off, the business ventilated, and neighboring businesses were allowed to resume normal operations within the hour.

On Air Now

George Noorey
George Noorey
10:00pm - 12:00am
Coast to Coast

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers