LA PINE, OR -- Oily Rags may be to blame for a house fire in south Deschutes County on Monday afternoon. La Pine Rural Fire Protection District firefighters responded to find a fire burning on the outside of a home, spreading inside. La Pine Fire Chief Mike Supkis says the owners had recently been painting and staining. He says they had been careful to dry most of the rags, but appears some oily material made it in the trash, which spontaneously combusted. Everyone escaped and the fire was contained quickly. Supkis says to soak oily rags in water and seal them in a metal can before disposing.