Local News


REDMOND, OR  -- Redmond Firefighters were called to the Super 8 Motel in Redmond about 2-20 this morning and on arrival found smoke coming from a first floor motel window. Motel staff was evacuating guests and the sprinklers were activated and that confined the fire to the room where it started. First reports indicated a mattress and the carpet in Room 110 were on fire and the sp[rinklers kept it contained. Motel guests were able to return to unaffected rooms within two hours while occupants of rooms near the room where the fire was, were moved  to other rooms in the motel. Captain Ken Brown with Redmond Fire told KBND late this (Thursday) morning, damage is estimated at about 6-thousand dollars. He says the cause was accidental and improper disposal of smoking materials.

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
News Disclaimers