Local News


Careless smoking near an oxygen tank is likely the cause of a fire that killed a Prineville woman Saturday night. Crook County Fire and Rescue arrived at a mobile home in the Juniper Canyon neighborhood just before 10 p.m. Two men who lived on the property had already put out the fire with garden hoses, but the woman was still inside. When crews got inside, they discovered the woman deceased in the living room, where she’d reportedly been sleeping. Investigators say the woman had a history of smoking in bed and was on oxygen.

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
News Disclaimers