Local News

Apartment Fire Blamed on Unattended Candle

BEND, OR -- A weekend apartment fire in northeast Bend could’ve been much worse, according to firefighters, had it not been for the sprinkler system. 

Crews responded to The Reserves at Pilot Butte Saturday around 9:30 p.m. and found smoke in an attached garage in the back of the complex. Once they got inside, they discovered only minor fire damage to the stuff in the garage because a sprinkler kept the fire from spreading to other units.

They say it started with a candle or incense left burning unattended near craft supplies.

 

On Air Now

Dan Bongino
Dan Bongino
9:00am - 12:00pm
The Dan Bongino Show

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers