Local News

NE Bend Home Damaged By Fire

BEND, OR -- A garage fire sent smoke pouring into a northeast Bend home, Saturday afternoon. Crews arrived on Hunters Circle at about 1:30 p.m. and found everyone evacuated, except two cats who were rescued by firefighters.

They quickly put out the fire and determined it was caused by one of the residents welding too close to a pile of combustible materials. Sparks smoldered and later ignited. Damage is estimated at about $30,000.

Bend Fire & Rescue reminds everyone hot work such as welding or grinding can pose a fire hazard, and appropriate precautions must be taken before beginning this type of work.  The work area should be free of combustible materials, and a fire extinguisher should be nearby.  Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) should be worn.  After welding or grinding, maintain a fire watch in the area for at least 30 minutes.

On Air Now

First Light
2:00am - 3:00am
First Light

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers