BEND, OR -- A camper was destroyed by a Saturday afternoon fire on Hunnell Road, near Cooley Road. When Bend Fire and Rescue arrived just before 4 p.m., they found the pickup-style camper fully involved. They also discovered another motorhome parked in front of the fire hydrant.
Crews were able to put out the fire before it spread to other vehicles or nearby brush. The person living in the camper left before firefighters arrived. Bend Fire says the fire was an accident, likely caused by someone smoking inside.