BEND, OR -- Bend Police are investigating multiple reports of food carts, other restaurant and coffee businesses burglarized overnight. All of the burglaries were reported when employees arrived to open their locations on Thursday and Friday mornings.
Locations burglarized Thursday night include:
- Café Des Chutes on SE Scott Street
- JJ Coffee Hut in the 20000 block of Cooley Road
- Backporch Coffee Roasters in the 1000 block of SE 15th Street
- Toasty and Bigfoot Barbecue Co. in the Podski Food Cart Lot in the 500 block of NW Arizona Avenue
- The Bob Bend food truck at Silver Moon Brewing on NW Greenwood Avenue
- IndoDaddy food truck at Spider City Brewing, 1100 block of SE 9th Street
In addition, Police took a report of break-ins at El Nava and Nosh Street Food carts and Industrial Joes Coffee, all located at or near Bevel Brewing on SE Armour Road. The suspects took money from the carts and broke doors and windows to get inside.
Among the items taken from the other locations were cash, cash registers, tablets and point-of-sale technology. The incidents caused hundreds of dollars in damage to each business.
Investigators believe they were committed by the same suspect(s). Video surveillance images show a man and vehicle in the Toasty, Backporch and Bevel Brewing-area burglaries. The suspect vehicle appears to be a BMW or Mazda Miata.
If you believe your business may have been a victim, please contact non-emergency dispatch at 541-693-6911. Neighboring businesses are also asked to check video surveillance and share it with Bend Police.