BEND, OR -- A Bend man is accused of breaking into at least 11 businesses in Bend and Redmond over the past three weeks. In each case, a burglar broke a deadbolt to get inside a small business then took cash and other property.
Surveillance footage led investigators to 48-year-old Michael Dillon who was on probation for a prior commercial burglary conviction. He was arrested during a traffic stop near China Hat Road over the weekend.
Dillon is charged with 10 counts of second-degree burglary, two counts of third-degree theft, five counts of second-degree theft, three counts of first-degree theft, three counts of third-degree criminal mischief, two counts of second-degree criminal mischief and four counts of first-degree criminal mischief. He was also arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.
Police executed a search warrant on Dillon’s vehicle and at his home at the St. Vincent’s Village and say they found items stolen during the burglaries.
The Bend businesses targeted include:
- Old Boy Vintage, 1400 block of NE First Street
- Scissor Bird, 200 block of SE Taft Avenue
- Allure Nails Spa, 2000 block of NE Highway 20
- Apollo Tanning, 61400 block of S Highway 97
- Industrial Joes Coffee, 400 block of SE Ninth Street
- Totally Polished, 1200 block of NE Second Street
- Rugged Thread, 2500 block of NE Twin Knolls Drive
- State Farm, 1000 block of SE Third Street
- Subway, 62900 block of N Highway 97
- Ida’s Cupcake Café, 1100 block of SW Division Street
- Big O Bagel, 1000 block of NW Galveston Avenue
The Redmond businesses targeted include:
- Redmond Burger Co., 200 block of NW Sixth Avenue
- Ka Nui Salon, 200 block of NW Sixth Avenue
- Hip Chicks Salon, 300 block of NW Seventh Avenue
Additional charges could be forthcoming.