BEND, OR -- A fire in Bend's Orchard District destroyed a shed, RV and deck, and caused substantial damage to a home Sunday evening. Bend firefighters responded to NE Quimby Avenue just after 7 p.m. and found flames coming from a house, shed, RV and trees.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, but not before the fire caused more than $160,000 in damage. The cause could not be determined but Bend Fire says it started outside, in an area between three homes and adjacent to a shed.
Bend Fire & Rescue reminds the community to be prepared for the risk of fire in these hot and dry conditions. Keep vegetation trimmed back, especially within 30 feet of the home, clear roofs and gutters of pine needles, use caution this holiday when barbecuing or enjoying other recreational activities, and remember that ALL fireworks are banned by city ordinance within the city limits of Bend.