Local News

Southeast Bend Home Damaged By Kitchen Fire

BEND, OR -- A kitchen fire caused about $30,000 in damage to a home in southeast Bend. Firefighters responded to Devon Circle Friday evening, just after 6 p.m.

They say a neighbor knocked down the majority of the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher. Firefighters put out the rest of the fire, limiting damage to the kitchen; although smoke spread throughout the house. Four adults, three children and a dog are receiving help from the Red Cross.

The cause was determined to be spilled cooking oil on a hot burner, which ignited nearby combustibles and the kitchen cabinets.


Photo courtesy of Bend Fire & Rescue

On Air Now

Lars Larson
Lars Larson
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Lars Larson



News Disclaimers