Local News

Two Apartment Fires Keep Bend Crews Busy

BEND, OR -- Bend firefighters responded to two apartment fires over the long weekend. The first was on Atwood Drive, Thursday. Everyone evacuated the building after the batteries of an electric skateboard caught fire while charging in a bedroom. The building’s sprinkler system extinguished the flames and damage was limited to the bedroom.

Friday evening, a new tenant moving in to a newly constructed building in southwest Bend inadvertently turned on a burner while setting something on the cooktop. They quickly used a hallway fire extinguisher before the sprinklers activated.

Photos Courtesy of Bend Fire & Rescue

On Air Now

Dan Bongino
Dan Bongino
10:00am - 1:00pm
The Best of Dan Bongino

FlashAlert

KBND ON FACEBOOK

News Disclaimers