Quick thinking and solid procedures in place helped keep a fire at a local business confined this morning. Bend Fire reports that they were called to Bend Plating on southeast Bridgeford Boulevard around 11 a.m. this morning after an employee found fire burning in the ductwork in the grinding operations area. Quick actions by the employees kept the fire from spreading outside the ductwork to any other part of the building. Bend Plating is no stranger to fire. In 2006, another fire was at their robotics building causing about $2 million damage. Now they have a new safety plan and sprinklers in place; damage from this fire was estimated at $5000.