Local News

Medical Examiner Says Transient Died of Exposure

SISTERS, OR -- The Deschutes County Medical Examiner says a man found inside his parked car in Sisters did not die of carbon monoxide poisoning, as investigators initially thought. 

 

Read more about the Saturday discovery.

 

The M.E. conducted a detailed exam on 39-year-old Edward Fones and now says the cause of death was hypothermia. Other medical conditions likely contributed, but carbon monoxide, drugs and alcohol were not associated with what is being called an “accidental death” caused by exposure to temperatures reported to be below zero. 

On Air Now

The Weekend with Joe Pags
6:00pm - 9:00pm
The Weekend with Joe Pags

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers