Regional News

Bag Catches Fire At Sea-Tac Because Of Vape-pen Charger

(SeaTac, WA)  --  Officials at Sea-Tac International Airport say a battery connected to a charger for a vape pen caused a man's bag to catch fire, leading to a flight being delayed.  The airport says the incident happened yesterday morning, as baggage handlers loaded luggage onto the plane, which was about to leave Sea-Tac for Houston.  Firefighters put out the blaze, and the owner of the bag was escorted from the plane to I.D. the bag.  Vape pens are prohibited by the FAA from being carried in checked baggage.

On Air Now

First Light
2:00am - 3:00am
First Light

FlashAlert

KBND ON FACEBOOK

News Disclaimers