George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Regional News


(Beaverton, OR)  --  Investigators say fireplace ashes were to blame for a blaze that burned a home in Beaverton early yesterday morning.  Fire officials say residents at the home on Southwest 169th Place had placed the ashes in a metal container that also contained vegetation debris.  Investigators say the ashes then ignited the debris, sparking a blaze that damaged the side of the house, roof and garage.  No injuries were reported.  Fire officials are reminding residents that fireplace ashes can remain hot for up to five days and should be stored away from combustibles for at least a week.

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • SB Lane of 15th St. CLOSED >< Reed Market Road and Ferguson Road (8/4 – 11/30)
  • Butler Mkt Rd CLOSED >< 27th and Weeping Willow Dr RAB (8/11 – 9/30)
  • Single Lane Closures/Flaggers/Pilot Car at Old Bend-Redmond Hwy/Tumalo Rd Intersection 7am – 6pm (8/9 – tfn) RAB Construction

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER