Regional News

Officials: Deadly Fire At COVID-19 Quarantine Site Caused By Smoking Materials

(Vancouver, WA)  --  Fire officials say improperly discarded smoking materials are to blame for a blaze that killed one person at a former motel being used as a COVID-19 quarantine site in Vancouver, Washington.  Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli tells The Columbian Saturday's fire at the former Motel 6 in east Vancouver was confined to the ground floor unit in which it started.  She adds there's no evidence that the fire was intentionally set, but that it was preventable.  A 32-year-old man was killed in the fire.  A second person inside the unit was not injured.

On Air Now

Ben Shapiro
Ben Shapiro
6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Ben Shapiro Show

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers