Regional News

Rescue Cat Sniffs Out Gas Leak, Saves Home

(Portland, OR)  --  A rescue cat is being called a hero after alerting her family to a potentially deadly situation.  The cat was adopted from the Cat Adoption Team in Sherwood by Sandi Martin.  Sandi says she was playing with the cat named Lilly when it started sniffing the key valve for the natural gas fireplace.  Sandi sniffed near the valve and smelled gas.  A representative from Northwest Natural arrived and determined the valve was leaking and could have caused a fire.

On Air Now

Hugh Hewitt
Hugh Hewitt
3:00am - 5:00am
The Hugh Hewitt Show

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers