Regional News

Cat Saves Oregon Family From Gas Leak

(Lake Oswego, OR) -- An Oregon family's cat is being credited for potentially saving their lives. KGW-TV reports that recently, Sandi Martin noticed her cat, Lilly, sniffing a valve by the fireplace. Martin then sniffed the valve herself and noticed a mild gas smell coming from it. After confirming the smell with her husband, they notified the gas company who then instructed the Martins to shut off the gas and open the windows. Upon arrival, the gas company confirmed there was a "dangerous gas leak" coming from their fireplace. Martin pointed out that she adopted Lilly not long ago.

On Air Now

The Weekend with Joe Pags
6:00pm - 9:00pm
The Weekend with Joe Pags

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers