(Timberline Lodge, OR) -- A climber on Mt. Hood is hospitalized with serious injuries after falling into a volcanic vent. Officials say 28-year-old George Stevens from Idaho was climbing the mountain with two friends when it happened. They summited late on Tuesday, and Stevens was attempting to snowboard down from the Hogsback snow ridge when he lost control in icy conditions and fell into the vent that has toxic gasses. Twenty volunteer rescuers responded. One rescuer wearing a respirator and gas monitors was lowered to Stevens and he was hoisted to the surface. This was the third rescue in five days on the mountain.