Regional News

Neighbors Slow Fire's Spread

(Portland, OR) -- Authorities say neighbors came to the rescue when a house in Southeast Portland caught fire Sunday night. The Portland Fire Bureau says Richard Hilficker and Najee Newman live near the house on Southeast Washington Street near 174th. They were barbecuing when they heard a neighbor screaming about a fire. They used a hose to slow the fire's spread. Firefighters arrived and rescued a person who was trapped in a converted garage. The adult victim is hospitalized in critical condition at the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Hospital. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

On Air Now

First Light
2:00am - 3:00am
First Light

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers