(Umatilla, OR) -- Part of the Umatilla Army Chemical Depot [[ DEH-poh ]] in northeast Oregon is being renamed to honor a former Adjutant General of the Oregon National Guard. The depot opened in 1941 and in 1962 started storing chemical weapons. All of the weapons were disposed of by 2012 when the U.S. Army closed the installation. In 2017, the Oregon Military Department received 75-hundred acres of the site for the Oregon National Guard training facility. It has now been renamed the Raymond F. Rees Training Center in honor of Major General Raymond Rees, who retired from the guard after serving as its leader for 16 years.