(Hillsboro, OR) -- Residents in a Hillsboro home are uninjured after waking to find smoke coming from their fireplace into their house. It happened Saturday morning. Officials say the siding outside of the chimney was also on fire. Residents tried to put out the fire. When firefighters arrived they found flames in the attic and moving into the garage. The residents and two dogs safely got out of the house and the fire was put out. Firefighters say it's important to have chimneys inspected to prevent fires.